5 Books Every Partner of SA Needs to Read
5 Books Every Partner of SA Should Read
I have read a lot of books about Porn Addiction and Sex Addiction that I thought were helpful. But there were books that for me changed my thinking and helped me move through so much. I am sharing a list of 5 books that did just that and opened my eyes. When you’re hurting and want answers quickly, these books are the ones that will usually have what you need if your partner falls into either category. Honestly I believe that they are both the same issue but that’s a post for another day. I’ll even put the list in the order that they were helpful for me. That may not be the same for you so please look at the description on the book before deciding or just go with it. No matter what I think each will have some value for you.
The LIST OF BOOKS
- Your Sexually Addicted Spouse- This book is on nearly every list of recommended books regarding these issues and there’s a reason. It is a very well written and helpful book. I recommend if you read only one book on this list, this be that book. This book showed me A) I wasn’t alone and B) I wasn’t wrong when I thought I wasn’t codependent. I can’t tell you how much that meant to me. It was like a light turning on. https://www.amazon.com/Your-Sexually-Addicted-Spouse-Partners-ebook/dp/B0041FJ80S/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1526208671&sr=1-1&keywords=Your+Sexually+Addicted+Spouse
- Treating Trauma from Sexual Betrayal: The Essential Tools for Healing- I found the tools to actually be spot on and having the disclosure process laid out was exactly what I needed. I know many addicts don’t want to disclose and this gives a better way to do it. Chapter 12 was especially helpful for me. It teaches you how to slow racing thoughts. https://www.amazon.com/Treating-Trauma-Sexual-Betrayal-Essential-ebook/dp/B06XPFX34F/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1526208642&sr=1-1&keywords=Treating+Trauma+from+Sexual+Betrayal%3A+The+Essential+Tools+for+Healing
- Moving Beyond Betrayal- This is actually where I first really learned how to make boundaries and really stick to them. That my boundary was not the problem but that he couldn’t stop breaking them was the problem. Also that my choosing to stick to a boundary didn’t give him the right to do something bad. That was all on him. https://www.amazon.com/Moving-Beyond-Betrayal-Boundary-Solution/dp/1942094140
- Worthy Of Her Trust- I think this one is important to see that there is hope and what that looks like. I also think it’s good to see what really working for trust is and how your spouse can do that. I do not recommend buying this to shove in their face and demand it be followed (my mistake). https://www.amazon.com/Worthy-Her-Trust-Rebuild-Integrity-ebook/dp/B00ILXEY5K/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1526208533&sr=1-1&keywords=Worthy+Of+Her+Trust
- Facing Heartbreak- Man this book blew my mind. There is so much good information in this that I don’t really know what to include except please read it if you’re looking for more information for yourself and how to heal. https://www.amazon.com/Facing-Heartbreak-Recovery-Partners-Addicts/dp/098327133X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526207969&sr=8-1&keywords=facing+heartbreak
(I am not an affiliate of amazon but I did link to the books on their site because it was where I found them all in the first place, you can look them up and see if you find better prices. I also like that you can look at reviews right there and read some of the pages )
This is a good list to get you started but in my opinion healing comes from not just reading it and learning but also going through the steps and having accountability for yourself also. It is not easy to heal yourself, but I believe we come out stronger on the other side. I know I am.
If you want help walking through this hard time please contact me about coaching sessions. I am here to help.